You can report a tax avoidance or tax evasion scheme confidentially by:
- completing the tip-off form on our website or in the ATO app 'contact us' section
- phone the tip-off hotline on 1800 060 062.
If possible, you should include the following information:
- details of the arrangement
- name and contact details of the adviser, intermediary, facilitator or promoter
- any other relevant information, such as promotional material, cost of the arrangement, tax advice provided.
If you are offered a tax avoidance or tax evasion scheme, you should reject it and then report it to us. You should also contact us if you:
- think you are involved in a tax scheme
- have concerns about an investment arrangement or a promoter.
Taxpayers who disclose their involvement in a tax scheme could be eligible for a reduction in penalties.
If you suspect that you have already entered into a tax avoidance or tax evasion arrangement, please contact us to correct your position and mitigate your exposure to interest and penalties.How to report tax avoidance or tax evasion schemes and promoters confidentially to the ATO.