Help for small businesses in short-term financial difficulties
We understand that small businesses can experience short-term financial difficulties due to challenging business conditions or unexpected events such as natural disasters. We offer help to viable businesses having trouble meeting their tax payment obligations due to such short-term difficulties.
This help includes:
- flexible payment plans that align with cash flow
- remission of general interest charge (GIC) where appropriate.
Interest-free payment plans for activity statement debts
In some cases we offer interest-free payment plans for activity statement debts for up to 12 months. These plans are aimed at helping small businesses that have a good history of meeting their tax lodgment and payment obligations but are experiencing short-term financial difficulties.
Work it out
Use our payment arrangement calculator to calculate different payment scenarios based on your circumstances. You can use these as a guide to propose a payment plan that enables you to meet your tax obligations.
End of work it out
Abstract: Our support for small businesses experiencing short-term financial difficulties may include flexible and interest-free payment plans.
Get it done
To apply for a payment plan:
End of get it done
- contact us via the Business Portal (you’ll need an AUSkey)
- phone us on 13 28 66 between 8.00am and 6.00pm, Monday to Friday (you’ll need to quote your tax file number or ABN)
- tax agents can contact us via the Tax Agent Portal
- BAS agents can contact us via the BAS Agent Portal.