What if you’ve made a mistake?

When completing a business activity statement (BAS), you may discover that you have made a mistake in a previous BAS or left something out.

You can correct some mistakes you made on a previous BAS in the current BAS you are completing or you may need to lodge a BAS revision form to correct a mistake.

You can do this:

See also:

Correcting a mistake on current BAS is different from making an adjustment. For example, you make an adjustment because the price of a sale or purchase changes, but you make a correction because you have transposed figures incorrectly or accidentally left amounts off your earlier activity statement.

See also:

Last modified: 01 Jul 2015QC 43304