Send and view mail
Your Business Portal mailbox is where you can securely send and receive messages (and attachments) related to your dealings with the ATO. Use the mailbox to engage with us securely on a range of topics:
- activity statements
- debt and lodgement
- fringe benefits tax
- goods and services tax (GST)
- higher education loan accounts
- income tax
- pay as you go (PAYG) instalments
- statement requests/account details
- mineral resource rent tax
- petroleum resource rent tax
- quarterly credits
- general questions, problems and help.
Using the Business Portal mailbox
Once you have logged into the portal, select Mail from the menu. Here you can perform all the necessary email tasks in a secure environment:
- Send new messages
- Send a separate message for each subject
- Ensure you attach all supporting documentation, up to a maximum of six attachments per mail, limited to 4MB per each attachment.
- After sending your message, you will receive a receipt number.
- Reply to messages
- Receive replies from us
- Set up email notifications
- You can be notified at your preferred email address when we have sent you a message to your Business Portal mailbox.
- Simply select Email notification on the right side of the inbox, click Setup and enter your email address, or update it.
- Email notifications will always be from our trusted email address: Taxofficeportalmessagenotify@ato.gov.au
- Track the progress of your messages
- Use the 'Your dealings with the Tax Office' on the menu to track the progress of your interactions with us.
Log in to the Business Portal
Find out more
End of find out more
You can send us secure mail (including attachments) on a range of subjects. We will respond to your mail through your portal mailbox. You can set up a notification so that you receive an email when new mail is delivered to your portal mailbox.