Will I have to pay fringe benefits tax?

If you have an Australian resident employee who works overseas and their foreign employment income is not exempt, you may have a fringe benefits tax liability.

A fringe benefits tax liability may arise where you provide a fringe benefit to an employee (or associate).

You may also be required to record the value of fringe benefits provided to an employee if the grossed-up value of the fringe benefits provided exceeds $2,000 in a fringe benefits tax year. This amount should be recorded on a payment summary provided to your employee.

See also:

    Last modified: 01 Dec 2015QC 22115