Show download pdf controls
  • Not required to lodge

    Tell us if you don’t need to lodge to avoid unnecessary follow up.

    Businesses in the building and construction industry

    Complete the Taxable payments annual report – Not required to lodge online form if your business is no longer in the building and construction industry, or did not pay contractors for building and construction services.

    If your business is no longer in the building and construction industry, you must update your ANZSIC business activity and industry code details on the Australian Business Register and include your correct main business activity on your next tax return.

    Reporting the main business activity correctly ensures we can correctly identify the industry you are in and send you the information you need.

    Next step:

    See also:

    Government entities

    Government entities don't need to lodge a Taxable payments annual report if they are exempt from reporting.

    If your government entity didn't make any payments to contractors for services, or pay any grants to recipients who have an ABN, you should let us know in writing by sending an email to containing the:

    • reason you don’t need to lodge
    • name and ABN of your government entity
    • contact details for an authorised representative if we need to discuss this further.

    This email service is only available for official requests from government entities. No other correspondence will be actioned.

    See also:

    Last modified: 09 May 2018QC 51598