Show download pdf controls
  • Extension of certificate beyond the maximum period

    The bilateral agreements allow for a maximum secondment period, and also an extension to the maximum secondment period. Generally, a certificate of coverage covers Australian employees for a maximum secondment period. If you need coverage for longer than the maximum period, you'll need to apply for an extension and write to us explaining the reasons for the extension.

    The maximum secondment period, extension period and acceptable reasons for an extension vary from country to country. To apply for an extension, check the information about extensions on the specific webpage for each country.

    Approval to extend a certificate of coverage beyond the maximum secondment period is determined on a case-by-case basis. We can grant an extension only with the mutual agreement of the relevant agency in the seconded country.

    See also:

      Last modified: 06 Mar 2020QC 16526