Publications referred to in this guide are:
- Carrying on a business of share trading - fact sheet
- General value shifting regime: who it affects
- Guide to capital gains tax 2010 (NAT 4151)
- Capital gains tax (CGT) concessions for small business - overview
- You and your shares 2010 (NAT 2632)
To get publications, taxation rulings, practice statements and forms referred to in this guide visit our website at www.ato.gov.au
We can offer a more personalised service if you provide a tax file number (TFN).
Individual - 13 28 61
Individual income tax and general personal tax enquiries, including capital gains tax
Business - 13 28 66
General business tax enquiries including capital gains tax, GST rulings, Australian business number (ABN), pay as you go (PAYG) instalments, business deductions, activity statements (including lodgment and payment), accounts and business registration (including ABN and TFN), dividend and royalty withholding tax.
Superannuation - 13 10 20
Translating and Interpreting Service - 13 14 50
If you do not speak English well and need help from the ATO, phone the Translating and Interpreting Service.
Hearing or speech impairment
If you are deaf or have a hearing or speech impairment, you can phone us through the National Relay Service (NRS).
- TTY users, phone 13 36 77 and ask for the ATO number you need. If you need to contact an ATO 1800 free call number, phone 1800 555 677 and ask for the ATO number you need.
- Speak and Listen (speech to speech relay) users, phone 1300 555 727 and ask for the ATO number you need. If you need to contact an ATO 1800 free call number, phone 1800 555 727 and ask for the number you need.
- internet relay users, connect to the NRS (www.relayservice.com.au) and ask for the ATO number you need.
Why not lodge online using e-tax?
- E-tax is our free online tax preparation and lodgment software.
- E-tax is secure, user friendly, and you can access your individual information using the pre-filling service.
- Most refunds are issued within 14 days.