Use this form if you are not registered for GST and are claiming a luxury car tax (LCT) credit. If you are registered for GST, make an adjustment on your business activity statement (BAS).
Claim a credit
You are entitled to claim a LCT credit if all of the following apply:
- You have a credit entitlement.
- You are not registered or required to be registered for GST.
- Neither you or anyone else has made a claim in relation to this credit and you have not already passed the tax on to another person.
- You are lodging this credit claim within four years of the date you purchased or imported the luxury car you are claiming for.
- You have kept documentary evidence to support your credit claim
- This evidence must be kept for five years in a readable form.
- You must provide your original documentary evidence to support your claim with this application and it will be returned to you after your application has been processed.
- You have made a claim for credit on the approved form.
You may be eligible for a credit if you either:
- overpaid LCT on a purchase of a luxury car
- paid LCT on the purchase or importation of a luxury car which you could have quoted for, except you were not registered for GST purposes at the time.
If you are unsure if you are entitled to a LCT credit, contact us.
See alsoUse this form if you are not registered for GST and are claiming a luxury car tax (LCT) credit.