This information may not apply to the current year. Check the content carefully to ensure it is applicable to your circumstances.
End of attention
If a CFC fails the active income test, amounts that would be assessable if the CFC were a resident are included in attributable income to the extent they represent the following:
- eligible designated concession income that is adjusted tainted income
- low-taxed third country income (only where it is of a kind specified in the Regulations)
- trust amounts arising to the CFC directly that are not subject to tax in a listed country
- trust amounts arising to the CFC indirectly because the CFC is a partner in a partnership, if the amounts are not subject to tax in a listed country, or
- FIF income derived directly by the CFC or indirectly as a partner in a partnership.
Any other amounts are notional exempt income.
Last modified: 05 Dec 2006QC 18000