P19 trading stock election
This information may not apply to the current year. Check the content carefully to ensure it is applicable to your circumstances.
End of attention
Have you made a trading stock election?
No, Go to Check that you have…
Yes, Read on.
You need to know
If you have valued trading stock on hand at the end of the year of income at an amount that is less than the lowest amount available using one of the valuation methods at Closing stock, you must notify the Commissioner.
Completing this item
If you must notify the Commissioner about your trading stock election, print Y at P item P19 on page 4 of your schedule. Otherwise leave P blank.
Check that you have …
Last modified: 01 Sep 2006QC 18499
- written your tax file number and your full name on page 1 of your Business and professional items schedule for individuals 2005-06
- written the correct amount on your schedule for each item that applies to you
- correctly transferred the amount at A Net PSI item P1 on your Business and professional items schedule for individuals 2006 to A item 13 on page 9 of your tax return (supplementary section)
- correctly transferred the amounts at Y and ZNetincomeorlossfrombusiness item P8 on your Business and professional items schedule for individuals 2005-06 to and (respectively) item 14 on page 10 of your tax return (supplementary section)
- signed and dated your Business and professional items schedule for individuals 2005-06 and attached it to page 3 of your tax return
- completed and attached the Individual PAYG payment summary schedule 2006 to page 3 of your tax return, if you received business income that was subject to withholding
- kept your records to prove your claims, where required.