This information may not apply to the current year. Check the content carefully to ensure it is applicable to your circumstances.
End of attention
- For general tax information and up-to-date and comprehensive information about deductions, visit www.ato.gov
Publications referred to in this guide are:
We can offer a more personalised service if you provide your tax file number (TFN).
- Personal tax 13 28 61
Individual income tax and general personal tax enquiries, including capital gains tax
- Business 13 28 66
General business tax enquiries including capital gains tax, GST rulings, Australian business number (ABN), pay as you go (PAYG) instalments, business deductions, activity statements (including lodgment and payment), accounts and business registration (including ABN and TFN), dividend and royalty withholding tax
- Superannuation 13 10 20
Phone 13 28 60 and follow the instructions to order information to be faxed to you.
- Translating and Interpreting Service 13 14 50
If you do not speak English well and want to talk to a tax officer, phone the Translating and Interpreting Service for help with your call.
- Hearing or speech impairment
If you are deaf or have a hearing or speech impairment, you can phone the Tax Office through the National Relay Service:
- If you are a TTY or modem user, phone 13 36 77 and ask for the number you want. For 1800 free call numbers, phone 1800 555 677 and ask for the number you want.
- If you are a voice-only (speak and listen) user, phone 1300 555 727 and ask for the number you want. For 1800 free call numbers, phone 1800 555 727 and ask for the number you want.
Lodge online using e-tax
- Why not lodge online?
- e-tax is a fast, secure and easy way to prepare and lodge your tax return.
- Most refunds are issued within 14 days.
For more information, visit our website at www.ato.gov.auFeedback
Reader feedback helps us to improve the information we provide. If you have any feedback about this publication, please write to:
Marketing and Education
Micro Enterprises and Individuals
Australian Taxation Office
PO Box 900
CIVIC SQUARE ACT 2608
As this is a publications area only, any tax matters will be passed on to a technical area; alternatively, you can phone our Personal Infoline on 13 28 61 for help.
Last modified: 30 Jun 2009QC 27920