This information may not apply to the current year. Check the content carefully to ensure it is applicable to your circumstances.
End of attention
Find out about:
To get any publication referred to in this guide:
We can offer a more personalised service if you provide your tax file number (TFN).
- Individuals 13 28 61
Individual income tax and general personal tax enquiries, including capital gains tax
- Business 13 28 66
Information about business income tax, fringe benefits tax (FBT), fuel tax credits (FTC), goods and services tax (GST), pay as you go (PAYG) and activity statements, including lodgment and payment, accounts and business registration (including Australian business number and tax file number), and dividend and royalty withholding tax.
- Superannuation 13 10 20
If you do not speak English well and want to talk to a tax officer, phone the Translating and Interpreting Service on 13 14 50 for help you’re call.
People who are deaf or have a hearing or speech impairment can contact us through the National Relay ServiceExternal Link (NRS). There are two easy steps:
- select your preferred NRS access point
- provide the ATO number you need to call.
TTY users can also contact us via our direct TTY line 13 36 77.
For ATO 1800 free-call numbers, phone 1800 555 727.
Why not lodge online using e-tax?
- E-tax is our electronic tax preparation and lodgment software
- E-tax is free, fast and secure, and you can pre-fill your return with information from your employer, bank, health fund and other government agencies
- Most refunds issue in 12 business days or less
For more information about our lodgment options go to ato.gov.au/lodgeonline
Last modified: 29 May 2015QC 44189