Appendix 2: Business activities that are not eligible activities
Schedule 4 - Business activities that are not eligible activities under Division 3 of Part XI of ITAA 1936
This information may not apply to the current year. Check the content carefully to ensure it is applicable to your circumstances.
End of attention
- Banking* and the provision of finance
- Financial intermediation services
- Investment in tainted assets, or tainted commodity investments, within the meaning of section 317* of ITAA 1936
- Life insurance business*
- General insurance business*
- Certain activities in connection with real property other than in connection with construction*
*Although in this schedule banking, investment, life insurance business, general insurance business and activities in connection with real property are referred to as not being eligible activities, under subsection 496(2) the exemptions provided for by Divisions 4, 5, 6 and 7 of Part XI are not affected.
This applies for assessments for notional accounting periods beginning on or after 1 July 2003. For earlier periods, 'management of funds' was included in the Schedule 4 list of business activities that are not eligible activities.
Last modified: 01 Jul 2006QC 18507