This information may not apply to the current year. Check the content carefully to ensure it is applicable to your circumstances.
End of attention
Where the fund is entitled to a franking tax offset, show at P the total amount of franking credits attached to dividends and non-share dividends included in trust distributions.
The fund is not entitled to a franking tax offset if:
- the relevant interest is not held at risk as required under the holding period and related payments rules, or
- there is some other manipulation of the imputation system or
- the gross distribution from the trust is exempt income or non-assessable non-exempt income (other than because of certain provisions mentioned in section 207-110 of the ITAA 1997).
- If the fund is entitled to a franking tax offset and is a complying superannuation fund, complying ADF or PST, include the amount of franking credits attached to such dividends at F4 Credit: refundable franking credits item 12.
- If the fund is entitled to a franking tax offset and is a non-complying superannuation fund or non-complying ADF, include the amount of franking credit attached to such dividends at C2 Credit: rebates and tax offsets item 12.
If the fund is not entitled to a franking tax offset, do not record the franking credit attached to the dividend.
Last modified: 11 Jan 2012QC 28016