R1 Assessable employer contributions
This information may not apply to the current year. Check the content carefully to ensure it is applicable to your circumstances.
End of attention
Show at R1 the total of assessable contributions and payments received by the fund from someone other than the member (such as their employer) in the income year.
- all contributions for a member paid by an employer (including amounts contributed under effective salary sacrifice arrangements) to a complying superannuation fund, or to a non-complying superannuation fund where that fund is an Australian superannuation fund
- all contributions for a member paid by an employer (including amounts contributed under effective salary sacrifice arrangements) to a superannuation fund that is not an Australian superannuation fund that relate to a period when the member was an Australian resident, or was a foreign resident deriving salary and wage income assessable in Australia
- shortfall amounts paid by us to a complying superannuation fund or a complying ADF under the provisions of the Superannuation Guarantee (Administration) Act 1992
- amounts transferred by us from the Superannuation Holding Accounts Special Account to a complying superannuation fund under the provisions of the Small Superannuation Accounts Act 1995, other than amounts that represent super co-contributions or low income super contributions
- amounts contributed for a member by other third parties.
If the fund is a non-complying foreign superannuation fund do not include at R1 contributions made for an employee who is a temporary resident at the end of the income year to which the contribution relates.
Do not include at R1 contributions received for a member who has not quoted their TFN. Show these contributions at R3 No-TFN quoted contributions.
R1 is used to determine R Assessable contributions.
Last modified: 05 Nov 2014QC 40267