This information may not apply to the current year. Check the content carefully to ensure it is applicable to your circumstances.
End of attention
For roll-over to apply, one of the following events must happen. The transferor:
- disposes of an asset to the transferee spouse (CGT event A1)
- enters into an agreement with the transferee spouse under which:
- the right to use and enjoy a CGT asset passes to them
- title in the asset will or may pass to them at the end of the agreement (CGT event B1). There is no roll-over if title in the CGT asset does not pass to them when the agreement ends
- creates a contractual or other right in favour of the transferee spouse (CGT event D1)
- grants an option to the transferee spouse or renews or extends an option granted to them (CGT event D2)
- owns a prospecting or mining entitlement, or an interest in one, and grants the transferee spouse a right to receive income from operations carried on by the entitlement (CGT event D3)
- is a lessor and grants, renews or extends a lease to the transferee spouse (CGT event F1).
There is no roll-over for the transfer of trading stock.
Last modified: 06 Oct 2009QC 27417