This information may not apply to the current year. Check the content carefully to ensure it is applicable to your circumstances.
End of attention
For general tax information and comprehensive information about deductions, visit ato.gov.au
We can offer a more personalised service if you provide a tax file number (TFN).
- Personal tax - 13 28 61
Individual income tax and general personal tax enquiries, including capital gains tax
- Business - 13 28 66
General business tax enquiries including capital gains tax, GST rulings, Australian business number (ABN), pay as you go (PAYG) instalments, business deductions, activity statements (including lodgment and payment), accounts and business registration (including ABN and TFN), dividend and royalty withholding tax
- Superannuation - 13 10 20
- Tax Reform Infoline - 13 24 78
Last modified: 06 Oct 2009QC 27921
- Translating and Interpreting Service - 13 14 50
If you do not speak English well and need help from the Tax Office, phone the Translating and Interpreting Service.
- Hearing or speech impairment
If you are deaf or have a hearing or speech impairment, you can phone us through the National Relay Service:
- If you are a TTY or modem user, phone 13 36 77 and ask for the number you want. For 1800 free call numbers, phone 1800 555 677 and ask for the number you want.
- If you are voice-only (speak and listen) user, phone 1300 555 727 and ask for the number you want. For 1800 free call numbers, phone 1800 555 727 and ask for the number you want.