This information may not apply to the current year. Check the content carefully to ensure it is applicable to your circumstances.
End of attention
For general tax information and up-to-date and comprehensive information about deductions, visit www.ato.gov.au
Publications referred to in this guide are:
We can offer a more personalised service if you provide a tax file number (TFN).
- Personal tax 13 28 61
Individual income tax and general personal tax enquiries, including capital gains tax
- Business 13 28 66
General business tax enquiries including capital gains tax, GS T rulings, pay as you go (PAYG ) instalments and withholdings (from interest, dividends and royalties), business deductions, activity statements (including lodgment and payment), accounts and business registration (including ABN and TFN)
- Superannuation 13 10 20
- Translating and Interpreting Service 13 14 50
If you do not speak English well and want to talk to a tax officer, phone the Translating and Interpreting Service for help with your call.
- Hearing or speech impairment
If you are deaf or have a hearing or speech impairment, you can phone the Tax Office through the National Relay Service:
- If you are a TTY or modem user, phone 13 36 77 and ask for the number you want. For 1800 free call numbers, phone 1800 555 677 and ask for the number you want.
- If you are a voice-only (speak and listen) user, phone 1300 555 727 and ask for the number you want. For 1800 free call numbers, phone 1800 555 727 and ask for the number you want.
Lodge online using e-tax
To prepare and lodge your tax return online, use e-tax - go to www.ato.gov.au
- e-tax is a user-friendly step-by-step process.
- Help is available online or over the phone.
- It is safe and secure, with built-in checks and calculators to help you get it right.
- Most refunds are issued within 14 days.
For more information, visit our website at www.ato.gov.au
Last modified: 27 Aug 2007QC 27892