Reportable tax position schedule instructions 2012
About these instructions
This information may not apply to the current year. Check the content carefully to ensure it is applicable to your circumstances.
End of attention
When we refer to 'you', or 'taxpayer', we are referring either to you as a business entity (the company) or to you as the public officer responsible for completing the schedule.
These instructions are not a guide to income tax law. If this publication does not fully cover your circumstances, contact us or a registered tax adviser.
End of attention
These instructions help you complete Reportable tax position schedule 2012 (NAT 74066). You must complete it electronically and save a copy to your computer. When you have completed the schedule you must print it and send it to us - you cannot submit it online.
What you must do
If we have notified you in writing that you must lodge a reportable tax position schedule, you must:
- answer 'Yes' at Item 24 of the Company tax return 2012 (NAT 0656)
- complete the Reportable tax position schedule 2012 (NAT 74066) - the schedule.
Do you need to disclose an RTP?
You must disclose all of your material RTPs in the schedule unless any of the following apply:
- You have either already
- applied to us for a private ruling that covers the RTP
- reported the position to be taken in your Company tax return 2012 on a Reportable tax position early disclosure form 2012 (NAT 74067)
- The RTP is covered by an advance pricing arrangement (APA) or an application for an APA that has been accepted into the APA program.
All disclosures of RTPs must be in writing.
Last modified: 15 Jun 2012QC 26076
For more information about other ways of disclosing RTPs, refer to the:
End of further information