Show download pdf controls
  • Do I need the TaxPack supplement?



    This information may not apply to the current year. Check the content carefully to ensure it is applicable to your circumstances.

    End of attention

    The majority of taxpayers can lodge their returns using TaxPack alone. You will also require the TaxPack supplement if you have:

    • income or a loss from    
      • a partnership or trust
      • personal services income
      • a business
      • a deferred non-commercial business loss
      • a net farm management deposit or withdrawal
      • a capital gain
      • a foreign entity
      • rent
      • a bonus from a life insurance company or friendly society
      • foreign sources, or foreign assets or property
      • certain other income, such as scholarships, royalties and benefits from an employee share scheme
    • deductions for    
      • project pool
      • investment in the Australian film industry
      • undeducted purchase price of a foreign pension or annuity
      • non-employer sponsored superannuation contributions
      • certain other deductions, such as election expenses, sickness and accident insurance premiums, and foreign exchange losses
    • tax offsets for    
      • superannuation contributions on behalf of your spouse
      • zone or overseas forces
      • net medical expenses over a specified limit
      • parent, spouse's parent or invalid relative
      • landcare and water facility
      • people in the simplified tax system (STS) or people who received a distribution from a partnership or trust that was in the STS
      • heritage conservation work
      • interest from the land transport facilities tax offset scheme or infrastructure borrowings scheme
      • work or services performed in the Joint Petroleum Development Area of the Timor Sea
    • credit for early payments or overpayments of tax
    • adjustments for amounts on which family trust distribution tax has been paid.


    If you are using TaxPack supplement, you must also use TaxPack to complete all of your tax return.

    Last modified: 06 Nov 2014QC 19419