Show download pdf controls
  • Can I use Retirees TaxPack?



    This information may not apply to the current year. Check the content carefully to ensure it is applicable to your circumstances.

    End of attention

    You are eligible to use Retirees TaxPack to fill in your tax return if:

    • you were an Australian resident for tax purposes from 1 July 2006 to 30 June 2007, and
    • you had no dependants other than a spouse during the period 1 July 2006 to 30 June 2007, and
    • all of your tax affairs are covered by the questions in Retirees TaxPack as listed below    
      • income    
        • Commonwealth of Australia government pensions and allowances
        • dividends - not including distributions made by a corporate limited partnership and deemed dividends from a private company
        • foreign source pension or annuity income
        • gross interest
        • other Australian pensions or annuities - including superannuation pensions
        • salary, wages, allowances, earnings etc
        • total reportable fringe benefits amounts
        • capital gains - not including distributions of capital gains by a trust or managed investment fund
      • deductions    
        • cost of managing tax affairs
        • deductible amount of undeducted purchase price of an Australian pension or annuity
        • deductible amount of undeducted purchase price of a foreign pension or annuity
        • subscriptions
        • gifts or donations
        • interest and dividend deductions
      • tax offsets    
        • senior Australians
        • pensioner
        • spouse - married or de facto
        • superannuation annuity and pension
        • private health insurance
        • net medical expenses over a specified limit
      • private health insurance policy details
      • Medicare levy related items

    If you plan to claim the family tax benefit (FTB) through the tax system, you cannot use Retirees TaxPack; you will need to get TaxPack.


    FTB can be claimed with the short tax return too - but only lodged using paper and not by phone.

    Last modified: 06 Nov 2014QC 19419