Show download pdf controls
  • JobMaker Hiring Credit guide

    You can create a PDF or print this guide using the buttons at the top-right of your screen.

    Employers can claim JobMaker Hiring Credit payments to help with the cost of hiring additional employees. You are not required to pass the payment on to your employees.

    The JobMaker Hiring Credit:

    • is paid every three months in arrears to employers
    • can be claimed from 1 February 2021 for the first JobMaker period (7 October 2020 to 6 January 2021).

    You and your additional employees must meet the eligibility criteria for each JobMaker period you want to claim for.

    You can register at any time until the program closes. You only need to register once. However, you must register before the end of the claim period for the first JobMaker period you want to claim for.

    We are committed to:

    • paying JobMaker Hiring Credit as quickly as we can
    • ensuring employers are eligible before payments are made.

    Find out about:

    You can also find answers to common questions on the JobMaker Hiring Credit on ATO CommunityExternal Link.

    Before you register

    On this page:

    Find out about eligibility

    Both your business or not-for-profit organisation and each additional employee must meet eligibility criteria.

    You cannot receive JobMaker Hiring Credits if you also receive a JobKeeper payment for a fortnight which started during the JobMaker period.

    The eligibility criteria for employers include reporting through Single Touch Payroll (STP). Employers need to report through STP-enabled software to be able to:

    • nominate employees
    • update employees' details and review their eligibility
    • claim JobMaker Hiring Credit payments.

    Set up your systems access

    You can register using either:

    Your registered tax or BAS agent can also do it for you.

    If you don't have an ATO online services account, see Get started with ATO online services.

    To use the Business Portal you will need a myGovID linked to your ABN in Relationship Authorisation Manager (RAM), see Accessing online services with myGovID and RAM. If you are having trouble linking your myGov ID, see:

    Get advice if you need it

    You can get advice from your registered tax or BAS agent if you:

    • need help
    • want them to claim on your behalf.

    If you don't use a registered tax or BAS agent and are experiencing difficulties interacting with us online, phone us for help on 13 28 66.

    Next step:

      Last modified: 24 Feb 2021QC 64271