How to register for FBT

You need to register for fringe benefits tax (FBT) once you have determined that you are providing fringe benefits and have to pay FBT.

You must register for FBT and lodge an FBT return if you have a liability during an FBT year (1 April to 31 March).

If you are registered for FBT but don’t need to lodge an FBT return for the year, complete a Fringe benefits tax – notice of non-lodgment.

Register for FBT

See also:

Last modified: 23 Jan 2015QC 43874