Our annual financial statements are audited by the ANAO in accordance with the Financial Management and Accountability Act 1997. Our financial statements were unqualified and we had no category 'A' findings. Details of the audit are included in Part 8 of this report.
During 2010-11, the ANAO also tabled seven performance audits specific to us and two cross-agency audits involving us. The audits, summarised in Appendix 6, were:
- the Tax Office's implementation of the client contact - work management - case management system
- administration of the wine equalisation tax
- administration of the superannuation lost members register
- administration of the luxury car tax
- administration of fuel tax credit scheme
- administration of tax office shopfronts
- administration of the deductible gift recipients (non-profit sector).
The cross-agency audits were:
- confidentiality in government contracts: Senate order for departmental and agency contracts (calendar year 2009 compliance)
- management of the certificate of compliance process in Financial Management Act agencies.
At 30 June 2011 the following ANAO performance audits specific to us were in progress:
- the Australian Taxation Office's compliance approach toward, and management of, small and medium enterprises
- the Australian Taxation Office's administration of external debt collection arrangements.
A further two cross-agency audits involving the ATO were in progress at 30 June 2011:
- ICT security management of portable storage devices
- administration of Project Wickenby.