We will enhance the dispute knowledge skills of our officers by:
- differentiating our training between simple and complex disputes
- ensuring our training includes the techniques and process for dispute resolution including
- recognising emerging disputes
- managing difficult situations
- client service skills
- negotiation and influencing skills
- relationship management.
We will increase the number of our experienced officers available and engage them earlier to support other officers that manage disputes.
Involving experts early
On request, we will arrange independent reviews of position papers for large market cases. This is facilitated by our technical specialists to make sure the facts are correct and our view of the law is correctly applied.
We have an ongoing relationship with our consultative groups to identify areas for improvements and promote best practice, for example piloting the use of our officers to act as facilitators to help resolve smaller, less complex disputes.