The ATO app puts tax and super help in your hand, making it easier for you to conduct your tax and super affairs on the go.
If you're an individual taxpayer, small business owner or self-managed super fund trustee, you can access relevant tax and super information and tools in one place.
Our app has many features. You can:
- log in to access our online services, including myTax, to lodge your income tax return and track the progress of your return
- enrol and use your voiceprint for fast, easy and secure access to our online services for individuals and sole traders. Simply log into our online services for individuals via the app and follow the prompts.
- use your voice to verify your identity the next time you use our app or phone us
- record and manage your car trips, work-related expenses, gifts and donations, interest, dividends and other deductions and the cost of managing your tax affairs on the go using myDeductions
- upload your 2016 financial year deductions from within the ATO app myDeductions tool to the ATO for pre-filling into your tax return.
- calculate the amount of tax to withhold from salary and wage payments
- check an Australian business number (ABN) using ABN Lookup
- work out key dates and, depending on your device, set important reminders and alerts for tax and super obligations
- use the Business performance check tool to compare your business with similar businesses in your industry using the latest Small business benchmarks
- watch videos, access checklists and visit SMSF assist for other helpful information for SMSF trustees
- access a number of other useful tools and calculators.
Download the ATO app
Using the ATO app
The ATO app is compatible with most smart phones and tablets using:
- iOS 7 and later
- Android™ OS 4.1 and later
- Windows Phone 8 and later.
If you're having trouble running the app:
The ATO app puts tax and super help in your hand. If you're an individual taxpayer, small business owner or self-managed super fund trustee, you can access tax and super information and tools all in one place.
- Restart the app or device. This is often the quickest way to fix a problem.
- Check your device has the latest software. If your device is running on older software, the app can't take advantage of fixes your device manufacturer may have released after you purchased it.