How income tax exempt entities claim the offset


Endorsed charitable institutions participating in the NRAS in their own right can receive their NRAS incentive as a payment from the Housing Secretary. Where an NRAS participant was an endorsed charitable institution for only part of an NRAS year, special apportionment rules apply.

End of attention

An income tax exempt entity that is entitled to the NRAS refundable tax offset can claim the NRAS refundable tax offset by completing the Application for refund of tax offset - National rental affordability scheme - Income tax exempt entities (NAT 72789).

Work it out

To work out if you are entitled to claim the NRAS refundable tax offset or a share of it, see Who is entitled to the NRAS tax offset in their annual tax return? 

For more information if you participated in NRAS in a non-entity joint venture prior to the 2010-11 income year, refer to National rental affordability scheme - information for non-entity joint venture participants.

End of work it out
    Last modified: 30 Jul 2015QC 21519