We need specific documents and information to process an objection to our decision about boat hire arrangements.
Providing this information up front will reduce delays.
If you wish to lodge an objection about boat hire arrangements, you'll need to:
- complete and submit the relevant objection form (for taxpayers or tax professionals)
- provide the supporting information listed below.
Supporting information required
If you have previously given us any of the information listed below, you don't need to resend it.
The information we require includes:
- the date the boat was, or is to be, purchased
- details of the boat, including copies of any purchase or finance contracts, survey papers, registration and insurance
- the date the activity commenced
- a description of the activities conducted to date
- a description of planned activities
- a detailed business plan; for examples see TR 2003/4 – Income tax: boat hire arrangements
- details of actual and projected income and expenses, (including boat charter fees and depreciation), from the commencement of the activity up to and including all years to which the objection applies
If the activity is to be conducted under an agency agreement, you should provide copies of:
- any charter operator or management contracts that have been entered into, or are proposed
- any supporting material supplied by the charter operator.