We have pre-filled your tax return with gifts and donations information provided to us.
Check for gifts or donations that are not pre-filled and ensure you add them. Your receipt should show whether your donation is tax-deductible.
The gifts and donations you add must be:
- of $2 or more
- to an approved organisation. To check whether an organisation is an approved organisation, contact them or go to abn.business.gov.auExternal Link
Employees who make donations under salary sacrifice arrangements are not entitled to claim an income tax deduction for the donation on their own tax return.
Generally, you cannot claim a deduction for a gift or donation if you received something in return (for example, raffle tickets or a dinner).
If you made one or more donations of $2 or more to bucket collections conducted by an approved organisation for natural disaster victims, you can claim a tax deduction of up to $10 for the total of those contributions without a receipt.
See Gifts or donations if you need more information or made any of the following:
- gifts of property and shares
- contributions to fund-raising events
- political donations.
Completing this section
- For each gift or donation expense that is not pre-filled in your tax return, select Add and enter information into the corresponding fields.
- Select Save.
- Select Save and continue.