Other business income includes:
- gross sales of trading stock
- gross sales from produce
- goods taken from stock for your own use
- value of livestock killed for rations
- value of livestock exchanged for other goods or services
- gross earnings from services
- rent derived from carrying on a business of renting property
- taxi driver earnings (income you earned as a non-employee taxi driver if it is not shown at Personal services income)
- amounts received as recoupment of expenses
- bad debts recovered
- profit on sale of depreciating assets
- insurance recoveries
- employee contributions for fringe benefits
- assessable non-government assistance from all sources
- foreign exchange (forex) gains.
Your other business income excludes amounts shown at the Business payment summaries section and at the Assessable government industry payments field.
If you are a primary producer, you must add the amounts shown at PP1, PP2, PP6, PP7 and PP10 on your primary production worksheet to any other income from a business of primary production referred to above.