Complete this section for pre-filled payments and grants reported for you on a Taxable payments annual report (TPAR).
Some businesses need to report information to us about the payments they make to contractors (including subcontractors, consultants and independent contractors) for providing services. The businesses needing to report to us include those providing:
- building and construction services
- cleaning services
- courier services
- road freight services
- information technology (IT) services
- security, investigation or surveillance services.
Federal, state, territory and local government entities need to report the total payments they make to an entity, wholly or partly, for providing services.
Additionally, federal, state and territory government entities need to report the total grants paid to people or organisations that have an ABN. Local government entities don’t need to report grants.
The information is reported to us on the Taxable payments annual report.
You need to indicate the type of income for each pre-filled payment and grant. Your selections tailor myTax to show these payments and grants at the correct section.
You then need to enter relevant information at that section to ensure your tax return is complete.
Do not assume this information includes every:
- payment you need to include as income for the financial year
- grant paid to you during the financial year.
The onus is on you to make sure you include all your income in your tax return.
We pre-fill this section with payments or grants reported to us on a Taxable payments annual report (TPAR).
To show your payments and grants reported to us, at Prepare return select 'Edit' at the Info only data reported in a Taxable payments annual report (TPAR) banner.
- Have any Payments reported on a Taxable payments annual report been pre-filled in myTax?
- Yes – go to step 2.
- No – go to step 4.
- For each payment reported on a TPAR, select the Type of income? For help to select the most appropriate type, see Payments reported on a Taxable payments annual report.
- If a payment reported on a TPAR includes tax withheld, for that payment select Business income or Personal services income (PSI). You will also need to complete the Business income statements and payment summaries section to allow you to claim the tax withheld amount.
- Select Save.
- Have any Grants reported on a Taxable payments annual report been pre-filled in myTax?
- Yes – go to step 5.
- No – go to step 7.
- For each grant reported on a TPAR, select the Type of income? For help to select the most appropriate type, see Grants reported on a Taxable payments annual report.
- Select Save.
- Select Save and continue when you have completed this section.
To ensure your tax return is complete, you must then go to the:
- Business/sole trader, partnership and trust income (including loss details) section for any
- payments that you indicated Type of payment of Personal services income (PSI)
- payments or grants that you indicated Type of payment of Business income.
- Capital gains or losses section for any grants that you indicated Type of payment of Capital gains.
- Other income section for any payments or grants that you indicated Type of payment of Other income.
You can't delete any pre-filled payments or grants that do not belong to you or have entered in another section of your tax return. Visit What if you don’t agree with the pre-filled information? to learn more.