You need to convert your foreign ETPs into Australian dollars before you can complete item 4. For information about exchange rates and how to convert foreign payments, go to Foreign exchange (forex) or phone 13 28 61.
- Then on a separate piece of paper:
- print SCHEDULE OF ADDITIONAL INFORMATION - ITEM 4
- print your name, address and tax file number
- for each foreign ETP, print the name of the payer and the foreign country in which you were employed, and write the amount of the payment
- for each foreign ETP, print the appropriate code letter (from those listed at step 4 in question 4 - Employment termination payments (ETPs)) or print NO CODE LETTER APPLIES.
- Attach your schedule to page 3 of your tax return.
- Print X in the YES box at Taxpayer's declaration question 2a on page 12 of your tax return.
You will need to include the total amount of these foreign ETPs in the amount you show at I item 4 on your tax return.
Go to step 1 in question 4 - Employment termination payments (ETPs).