Show download pdf controls
  • Undeducted Purchase Price of a foreign pension or annuity

    If you have income from a foreign pension or annuity you may be able to claim a deduction to reduce the taxable amount if your pension or annuity has an undeducted purchase price (UPP).

    Only some foreign pensions and annuities have a UPP. The UPP is the amount you contributed towards the purchase price of your pension or annuity – your personal contributions.

    If your pension is from another country and you think you are entitled to claim a deductible amount, complete a Request for a determination of the deductible amount of UPP of a foreign pension or annuity.

    Last modified: 15 Jun 2020QC 31987