Union fees and subscriptions to associations

You can claim a deduction for:

  • union fees
  • subscriptions to trade, business or professional associations.

You can only claim payments of levies to a strike fund where the fund is used solely to maintain or improve the contributors' pay.

Most unions and associations send members statements of the fees or subscriptions paid.

See also:

Last modified: 20 May 2016QC 31912