Show download pdf controls
  • Union fees, subscriptions to associations and bargaining agents fees

    You can claim a deduction for:

    • union fees
    • subscriptions to trade, business or professional associations
    • the payment of a bargaining agent’s fee to a union for negotiations in relation to a new enterprise agreement award with your existing employer.

    You can only claim payments of levies to a strike fund where the fund is used solely to maintain or improve the contributors' pay.

    Most unions and associations send members statements of the fees or subscriptions paid.

    See also:

    Last modified: 15 Jun 2020QC 31912