Show download pdf controls
  • Foreign investments

    If you are an Australian resident with overseas assets you need to include any capital gains or capital losses you make on those assets in your tax return.

    Additionally, if you have interests in a foreign company, a foreign trust or a foreign life insurance policy, you may have to include income you receive from these interests in your tax return.

    If you receive foreign income that is taxable in Australia and you paid foreign tax on that income, you may be entitled to an Australian foreign income tax offset.

    See also:

    Last modified: 09 Jun 2015QC 22821