Contributions additional to the compulsory contributions
Super contributions your employer makes for you are reportable employer super contributions if:
- they are additional to the compulsory contributions your employer must make
- you have influenced the amount of super your employer contributes for you.
Additional contributions are generally:
- salary sacrifice contributions
- amounts above the compulsory contributions your employer makes under an individual employment contract
- extra pre-tax contributions your employer makes for you.
To calculate your total reportable employer super contributions, your employer will subtract any compulsory super contributions from the total employer super contributions they made for you.