Show download pdf controls
  • ATO-held super

    ATO-held super includes amounts paid to us by employers, super funds, retirement savings accounts (RSA) or the government on your behalf that needs to go into your super.

    If your super fund/RSA can't contact you, or we are unable to find an account to transfer the money to, we will hold it for you.

    Your super fund will transfer your super to us if:

    • you are a temporary resident who has left Australia for 6 months or more
    • your visa is no longer in effect
    • have not claimed your Departing Australia superannuation payment (DASP).

    If we hold your super, you can claim it from us.

    To find out if you have ATO-held super, use our online services for individuals. You will need a myGov account linked to the ATO.

    You can use our online services to:

    • view details of all your reported super accounts, including any you have lost track of
    • combine multiple super accounts by transferring your super, including ATO-held super, into your preferred eligible super account – if this is a fund-to-fund transfer it will generally be actioned within three working days
    • withdraw your ATO-held super and put it into your bank account – if you meet certain conditions.

    Next steps:

    Find out about:

    See also:

      Last modified: 19 Mar 2018QC 25544