Show download pdf controls
  • Update your contact details or nominated representative

    There are a number of ways you can update your contact details and nominated representative:


    The quickest way to update your contact details is online using the myGov Update Your Details service. All you need is a myGov account linked to the ATO.

    Using this service you can update your details with the ATO, Medicare, Centrelink and Australian JobSearch in one place, if they are linked to your myGov account.

    Note: using this service will only update your income tax details with us.

    You can also update your name, date of birth and nominated representative once you've logged into ATO Online.

    Log in or create a myGov account

    See also:

    By phone

    You can update your contact details or nominate a representative to act on your behalf by calling us to speak to a customer services representative.

    By post

    Download and complete the form Change of details for individuals (PDF 335KB) and post it to the address on the form.

    It can take up to 28 days to update your records after we receive the form.

    Last modified: 15 Aug 2018QC 44769