This information may not apply to the current year. Check the content carefully to ensure it is applicable to your circumstances.
End of attention
- www.ato.gov.au/sbconcessions to find out more about all the concessions available to small business entities
- www.ato.gov.au/businesscgt to find out more about the CGT concessions for small business entities
- www.ato.gov.au/onlineservices to find out about our range of online services, including the Business Portal
- www.business.gov.au for easy access to business information, services and transactions with government. There are links to ATO applications to
- register for an Australian business number (ABN)
- register for goods and services tax (GST)
- apply for a tax file number.
Phone us on:
- 13 28 66 for general business enquiries, for information about most small business tax matters, including
- pay as you go (PAYG) instalments
- amounts withheld from wages
- business deductions
- lodging and paying activity statements
- activity statement accounts
- wine equalisation tax
- luxury car tax
- fringe benefits tax
- matters for non-profit organisations
- 13 10 20 for superannuation enquiries, for information about
- superannuation guarantee
- choice of superannuation fund
- superannuation co-contribution
- 13 28 61 for general personal tax enquiries, for information about individual income tax
- 1300 720 092 to order our publications.
For more publications about how capital gains tax works, see:
We run small business seminars on a range of topics, including GST, PAYG, activity statements and record keeping.
To find a seminar near you or to make a booking:
Alternatively, you may also want to discuss your capital gains tax situation with your tax advisor.
If you do not speak English well and need help from us, phone the Translating and Interpreting Service on 13 14 50.
If you are deaf, or have a hearing or speech impairment, phone us through the National Relay Service (NRS) on the numbers listed below:
- TTY users, phone 13 36 77 and ask for the ATO number you need
- Speak and Listen (speech-to-speech relay) users, phone 1300 555 727 and ask for the ATO number you need
- internet relay users, connect to the NRS and ask for the ATO number you need.