This information may not apply to the current year. Check the content carefully to ensure it is applicable to your circumstances.
End of attention
Find out about:
To get publications, taxation rulings, practice statements and forms referred to in this guide:
We can offer a more personalised service if you provide a tax file number (TFN).
Individual - 13 28 61
Individual income tax and general personal tax enquiries, including capital gains tax
Business - 13 28 66
Information about business income tax, fringe benefits tax (FBT), fuel tax credits (FTC), goods and services tax (GST), pay as you go (PAYG) and activity statements, including lodgment and payment, accounts and business registration (including Australian business number and tax file number), and dividend and royalty withholding tax.
Superannuation - 13 10 20
If you do not speak English well and need help from the ATO, phone the Translating and Interpreting Service (TIS) on 13 14 50.
If you are deaf or have a hearing or speech impairment, phone the ATO through the National Relay Service (NRS) on the numbers listed below, and ask for the ATO number you need.
- TTY users, phone 13 36 77. For ATO 1800 free call numbers, phone 1800 555 677.
- Speak and Listen (speech-to-speech relay) users, phone 1300 555 727. For ATO 1800 free call numbers, phone 1800 555 727.
- internet relay users, connect to the NRS at www.relayservice.com.auExternal Link
Why not lodge online using e-tax?
Item 18 on Sonya's tax return, showing Net capital gain (A) 800 and Total current year capital gains (H) 800.
- E-tax is our free online tax preparation and lodgment software.
- E-tax is secure, convenient and you can pre-fill your return with information from your employer, bank, Centrelink, health fund and others.
- Most refunds in 12 business days or less.