Australian GovernmentThis legislative instrument has been repealed by Variation 54 (F2016L01641)
This legislative Instrument repeals the following legislative instrument:
- Legislative Instrument No. F2006B00300 registered on 10 February 2006.
Taxation Administration Act 1953
PAYG Withholding Variation
I, Steve Vesperman, Deputy Commissioner of Taxation, make this determination under section 15-15 of Schedule 1 to the Taxation Administration Act 1953.
1. Name of instrument
This instrument is the PAYG Withholding Variation: Donations to deductible gift recipients.
This instrument commences on 1 April 2016 and will be withdrawn on 31 October 2016.
3. Repealing of existing instrument
This legislative instrument repeals and replaces legislative instrument PAYG Withholding Variation: Donations to deductible gift recipients (F2006B00300), registered on 10 February 2006.
This instrument applies to payments covered by subdivision 12-B of Schedule 1 to the Taxation Administration Act 1953, where:
- part of the payment is paid, or is to be paid, as a donation to a deductible gift recipient specified or endorsed under Division 30 of Income Tax Assessment Act 1997 by a payer
- the donation is paid to the deductible gift recipient by the payer of the withholding payment at the direction of the payee
- the donation is made under a regular planned giving arrangement; and
- the payee has not advised the payer that they do not want a variation to the amount withheld.
A deductible gift recipient is defined in section 995-1 of the Income Tax Assessment Act 1997 to take its meaning from section 30-227 of the Income Tax Assessment Act 1997.
5. Amount to be withheld
The amount to be withheld from payments covered by this instrument is varied as follows:
When working out the amount to withhold a payer reduces the gross payment by the amount paid by the payer to a deductible gift recipient on behalf of the payee.
Signed on 29 March 2016
Deputy Commissioner of Taxation
Registration Number: F2016L00439
Registration Date: 30 March 2016