Higher Education Support Act 2003

Chapter 3 - Assistance to students  


Division 101 - Introduction  

SECTION 101-1   101-1   What this Part is about  

A student may be entitled to FEE-HELP assistance for units of study for which he or she is not Commonwealth supported, if certain requirements are met.

The amount of assistance to which the student may be entitled is based on his or her tuition fees for the units, but there is a limit on the total amount of assistance that the student can receive. The assistance is paid to a higher education provider or, if the student accesses units through Open Universities Australia, that body, to discharge the student's liability to pay his or her tuition fees.


Amounts of assistance under this Part may form part of a person's HELP debts that the Commonwealth recovers under Part 4-2 .

This information is provided by CCH Australia Limited Link opens in new window. View the disclaimer and notice of copyright.