Higher Education Support Act 2003

Chapter 3 - Assistance to students  


Division 90 - Who is entitled to HECS-HELP assistance?  

SECTION 90-1   90-1   Entitlement to HECS-HELP assistance  

Subject to section 90-10, a student is entitled to *HECS-HELP assistance for a unit of study in which the student is enrolled with a higher education provider as part of a *course of study if:

(aa) the course of study is an *accredited course in relation to the provider; and

(a) the student meets the citizenship or residency requirements under section 90-5 ; and

(b) the *census date for the unit is on or after 1 January 2005; and

(c) the student is a *Commonwealth supported student in relation to the unit; and

(d) (Repealed by No 104 of 2011)

(e) the student:

(i) enrolled in the unit on or before the census date for the unit; and

(ii) at the end of the census date, remained so enrolled; and

(f) the student *meets the tax file number requirements (see section 187-1 ); and

(g) the student has, on or before the census date, completed, signed and given to an *appropriate officer of the provider a *request for Commonwealth assistance in relation to the unit or, where the course of study of which the unit forms a part is undertaken with the provider, in relation to the course of study.

This information is provided by CCH Australia Limited Link opens in new window. View the disclaimer and notice of copyright.