AUSTRALIAN GOVERNMENTThis legislative instrument replaces and repeals A New Tax System (Goods and Services Tax) Act 1999 Waiver of Tax Invoice Requirement Determination (No. 2) 2000 (F2006B11650), registered on 29 November 2006.
A New Tax System (Goods and Services Tax) Act 1999I, Timothy Dyce, Deputy Commissioner of Taxation, make this determination under subsection 29-10(3) of the A New Tax System (Goods and Services Tax) Act 1999 (GST Act).
1. Name of determination
This determination is the Goods and Services Tax: Waiver of Tax Invoice Requirement Determination 2017 for intangible supplies from offshore.
This determination commences on the day after its registration on the Federal Register of Legislation.
3. Repeal of previous determination
This determination repeals and replaces determination A New Tax System (Goods and Services Tax) Act 1999 Waiver of Tax Invoice Requirement Determination (No. 2) 2000 - F2006B11650, registered on 29 November 2006.
This determination applies where:
- you make a creditable acquisition of an intangible supply from offshore that is a taxable supply under section 84-5 of the GST Act
- you do not hold a tax invoice for the creditable acquisition when you give the Commissioner a GST return for the tax period to which the creditable acquisition would otherwise be attributable, and
- but for this determination, the creditable acquisition would not be attributable to that tax period because of paragraph 29-10(3)(a) of the GST Act.
This determination is substantially the same as the previous determination that it replaces. An entity that satisfied the requirements of the previous determination will satisfy the requirements of this determination
5. Circumstances where the requirement for a tax invoice does not apply
The requirement for a tax invoice under subsection 29-10(3) of the GST Act does not apply where the input tax credit is for a creditable acquisition of an intangible supply that is a taxable supply because of section 84-5 of the GST Act.
Expressions in this determination have the same meaning as in the GST Act.
Dated: 28 March 2017
Signed by Timothy Dyce
Deputy Commissioner of Taxation
Signed by Timothy Dyce
Registration Number: F2017L00330
Registration Date: 29 March 2017
Related Explanatory Statements:WTI 2017/3 - Explanatory Statement
© Australian Taxation Office for the Commonwealth of Australia
You are free to copy, adapt, modify, transmit and distribute material on this website as you wish (but not in any way that suggests the ATO or the Commonwealth endorses you or any of your services or products).