ATO National Tax Equivalent Regime
NTER RELATED ACTIVITIES
- Apply the relevant taxation laws;
- Maintain the NTER entity register;
- Process NTER income tax returns;
- Process NTER instalment statements;
- Advise entities of their instalment rates;
- Liaise with the State and Territory Treasuries and Revenue Offices in relation to NTER related receivables management;
- Maintain the NTER Manual;
- Keep proper accounts, records and timesheets in respect of NTER related activities, expenditure, billing and fees and all NTER related amounts payable by the States and Territories to the Commissioner.
- Prepare the Commissioner's annual report on the operation of the NTER for each financial year, and the individual reports specific to each State and Territory; and
- Undertake other activities outlined and classified as 'general activities' in an agreed NTER Work Plan.
- Provide interpretive advice to the NTER entities (in relation to their arrangements in the NTER commencement and later years only);
- Carry out appropriate compliance assurance activities in respect of the NTER entities (in relation to NTER commencement and later years only) as outlined in an agreed NTER Work Plan; and
- Undertake other activities outlined and classified as 'specific activities' in an agreed NTER Work Plan.
|[Archived: History notes for amendments to the Manual made by Versions 2, 3, 4, 5 & 6 have been archived. For the wording of these history notes, see Version 8 12 February 2012]|
© Australian Taxation Office for the Commonwealth of Australia
You are free to copy, adapt, modify, transmit and distribute material on this website as you wish (but not in any way that suggests the ATO or the Commonwealth endorses you or any of your services or products).