Income Tax Assessment Act 1997



Division 122 - Roll-over for the disposal of assets to, or the creation of assets in, a wholly-owned company  

Guide to Division 122  

SECTION 122-1   What this Division is about  

A roll-over can delay the making of a capital gain or loss if:

  • you dispose of a CGT asset, or all the assets of a business, to a company in which you own all the shares; or
  • you create a CGT asset in such a company; or
  • all the partners in a partnership dispose of partnership property to a company in which they own all the shares; or
  • the partners create a CGT asset in such a company.


    Disclaimer and notice of copyright applicable to materials provided by CCH Australia Limited

    CCH Australia Limited ("CCH") believes that all information which it has provided in this site is accurate and reliable, but gives no warranty of accuracy or reliability of such information to the reader or any third party. The information provided by CCH is not legal or professional advice. To the extent permitted by law, no responsibility for damages or loss arising in any way out of or in connection with or incidental to any errors or omissions in any information provided is accepted by CCH or by persons involved in the preparation and provision of the information, whether arising from negligence or otherwise, from the use of or results obtained from information supplied by CCH.

    The information provided by CCH includes history notes and other value-added features which are subject to CCH copyright. No CCH material may be copied, reproduced, republished, uploaded, posted, transmitted, or distributed in any way, except that you may download one copy for your personal use only, provided you keep intact all copyright and other proprietary notices. In particular, the reproduction of any part of the information for sale or incorporation in any product intended for sale is prohibited without CCH's prior consent.