Tax Laws Amendment (Personal Tax Reduction and Improved Depreciation Arrangements) Act 2006 (55 of 2006)
Schedule 5 Improved depreciation arrangements
Part 1 Main amendments
Income Tax Assessment Act 1997
2 After section 40-830
40-832 Project pools for post-9 May 2006 projects
(1) You calculate your deduction for an income year for a project pool in this way if the project pool contains only *project amounts incurred on or after 10 May 2006 for projects that start to operate on or after that day:
((Pool value x 200%) / DV project pool life)
DV project pool life has the same meaning as in subsection 40-830(3).
pool value has the same meaning as in subsection 40-830(3).
(2) If, in an income year, you abandon, sell or otherwise dispose of a project for which you have a project pool, you can deduct for that year the sum of the pool's *closing pool value for the previous income year and any *project amounts allocated to the pool for the income year.
(3) Your assessable income for that income year includes any amount you receive for the abandonment, sale or other disposal.
(4) Your assessable income for an income year includes other capital amounts that you *derive in that year in relation to a *project amount allocated to your project pool or in relation to something on which the project amount is expended.
(5) Your deduction for an income year cannot be more than the amount of the component "pool value" in the formula in subsection (1) for that year.
© Australian Taxation Office for the Commonwealth of Australia
You are free to copy, adapt, modify, transmit and distribute material on this website as you wish (but not in any way that suggests the ATO or the Commonwealth endorses you or any of your services or products).