• Article Rating
  •  Average 2.5 out of 5
  • New tax reporting for cleaners and couriers

    10 October 2018

    If you provide any cleaning or courier services you need to lodge a Taxable payments annual report (TPAR) to tell us about payments you make to contractors.

    Contractors can include:

    • subcontractors
    • consultants
    • independent contractors.

    What do you need to do?

    If your business provides cleaning or courier services make sure you keep records about the payments you make to contractors for cleaning or courier services they provide on your behalf, including:

    • their ABN, where known
    • their name and address
    • the total amounts you paid them during the financial year (including any GST).

    This information is generally available on the invoices you should receive from your contractors for payment.

    Your first TPAR will need to be lodged by 28 August 2019 for payments made to contractors between 1 July 2018 and 30 June 2019. Information about how to lodge is available on our website.

    Remember, registered tax agents and BAS agents can help you with your tax.

    Next step:

    Find out about:

  • Rate this article
  •  Average 2.5 out of 5